If you are into crispy and tasty meal, this recipe for Baked Buffalo Chicken Tenders would be the perfect one for you. Crispiness doesn’t always mean to fry them – yes, would you believe it that you can actually bake the chicken and get the crispy result.
The secret to the crispy texture lies on the cornflakes on the outside. Yes, it is responsible for the extra crunch coating that will pamper your palate. A recipe is enough to produce four serving, which should be enough to deliver happy-tummy effect. But be advised, if you are experiencing rumbling tummy, a serving may not be enough for you. And the greatest thing about this recipe is the baking method, meaning that you can enjoy the tasty and yet healthy chicken!
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper – preferably fresh ground type
- 1 ½ pounds of boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 2 big eggs
- ¼ cup (around 60ml) of milk
- A cup (around 125g) of all-purpose flour
- 5 cups (around 140g) of cornflakes cereal
- A cup of buffalo wing sauce. You can choose any brand that you like or have more than one cup
- If you use the chicken breasts, you need to pond them down and then cut them into strips.
- Preheat the oven to 204 degrees Celsius or 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a big baking sheet by using a parchment paper. Set it aside. You can also use the silicone baking mat.
- Mix salt, garlic powder, pepper, cornflakes, and smoked paprika in a food processor. Pulse it around 4 to 5 times until the cornflakes are broken down. It doesn’t have to crush completely – you can leave some bigger pieces to stay intact. Pour everything to a big bowl.
- Then, place the flour in a different and separate bowl (the second bowl)
- In the third bowl, whisk milk and eggs together
- Coat each strip of the chicken in flour. Shake it off to remove the excess. Dip the chicken in the egg mixture and let it drip to leave some excess. Roll it within the cornflakes. Again, shaketo remove the excess.
- Place the chicken strips on the baking sheet
- Bake everything for 10 minutes. Turn every strip over and let it bake. The outside should be crisp by now and the centers are thoroughly cooked. It takes around 10 minutes.
- Allow it to cool – it takes around 5 minutes. Place the chicken strips in a big bowl. Pour the buffalo sauce on the top and stir it gently.
- By this time, the Baked Buffalo Chicken Tenders is ready to serve. If you want to add more sauce, you can do it now.
- If you want to accompany the chicken, you can have blue cheese sauce or the celery sticks.
- If you want to make Baked BBQ Chicken Tenders, make sure to use barbeque sauce.
- You can store the leftover chicken strips in the refrigerator. It can last to one week. You can reheat the Baked Buffalo Chicken Tenders leftover in the oven or the microwave.