If you have been dreaming of making your own butternut squash lasagna, here is the right path to go. This lasagna comes to bring a creamy lasagna into your mouth and make your tongue endlessly chews. Along with the butternut squash and cashew Alfredo sauce, my first trial over the recipe successfully makes me feel like I was the professional cook.
Just by spending 1 hour, you are able to taste the best lasagna. Yup, to work out this recipe, you need only 30 minutes preparation and 30 minutes cook time. So, you need only 1 hour altogether.
Categorized as an Italian cuisine, butternut squash lasagna can be served as the main dish. Now you can try this recipe for 6 large portions to serve.
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder or 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 14 oz pckg. Extra firm drained tofu.
- 1-2 teaspoon of juiced lemon
- 1 teaspoon of white miso
- 10-12 fresh basil leaves
- 2 teaspoon of nutritional yeast
- 1 cup of raw cashew
- 1 juiced lemon 1 cup of hot water
- ¼ cup of dry white wine
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 teaspoon of earth balance
- 2 teaspoon yeast
Other additional ingredients
- 2 cups of butternut peeled and cubed squash
- 1 cup of almond meal/flour
- I package of lasagna noodles
- Fresh parsley
- Turn on the stove and boil 4-5 cups of water in two different large pan. Add pasta in one pan and boil for 7-8 minutes. Never cook the noodles too long or it will fall apart when preparing lasagna.
- Boil the squash for about 15 minutes. Make sure the squash is tender.
- In a paper towels, press tofu to get the liquids out.
- Check out your noodle. If it is cooked, drained them and pour with cool water. Let it aside.
- Check out your squash. If it is done, drain it and put it in the pot. Mash with potato masher, add almond meal and put aside.
- Sauté chopped onion in a little olive oil. When it is cooked, add the ricotta ingredients and put them into a food processor. Get them processed until chunky and ricotta-esque. Set aside.
- Blend the Alfredo ingredients using a blender and put in the oven at 350 degree.
- It’s time to prepare lasagna. Spread a thin layer of Alfredo sauce in the bottom of large casserole dish. Add a layer of lasagna noodles over the sauce and spread ricotta over the noodles. Add a layer of butternut squash mixture and top with another layer of noodles. Then, spread Alfredo over the noodles. Add another layer of ricotta and squash, pat down and top with noodles. Again, spread Alfredo sauce on the top of all.
- Bake for 30 minutes and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve the butternut squash lasagna.
- You can add dairy-free cheese such as daiya mozzarella shreds.