When you are questioning how long to cook a turkey in an electric roaster, here we come with the best recipe to try soon. Especially, if you are breeding turkey, you can make your dream of eating roasted turkey comes true. How long will you take for cooking the best roasted turkey? Never get hard to think about.
Electric roaster is the best to use to cook a Turkey for either Christmases or Thanksgivings as holiday meals. Now this article will show you all about cooking a turkey in an electric roaster.
- 16 lb turkey
- I cup of salt
- I cup of sugar
- Seasoning salt
- Olive oil or butter
- Garlic powder
Toppings are not necessarily need in roasted chicken
Brine the Turkey
- Brine the turkey to minimize the moisture loss. Perhaps, this is so traditional but brining the turkey is very helpful.
- Prepare a bucket of cold water to drop the turkey. Pour the salt and sugar into the bucket. Stir well to dissolve. Place the bucket in your refrigerator. Leave for 24 hours.
Prepare Stuff and Season
- Once you get the braining done, take the turkey out of the bucket and clean it with cold water. Dry it using a paper towel and don’t forget to wash your sink until completely clean.
- Add ¾ cup of stuffing per pound of turkey. In this way, you can add two lemons and an onion.
- Rub the outer skin of the turkey using olive oil. Optionally, you can also use butter.
- Add the seasoning salt, garlic powder and pepper.
Roast The Turkey
- Put the turkey into the roasting pan breast side up and place the pan inside the electric roaster. Set at 450 degree for 30 minutes.
- 30 minutes passed, change the temperature into 325 degree. This way, your cooking time much depends on your turkey size. To make the best result, use a meat thermometer. Shoot at 180 degree temperature in the turkey’s thigh and 165 degree in turkey breast.
- Don’t leave while you are roasting the turkey. Keep an eye to check the temperature.
Rest and Serve The Turkey
- Once your roasted turkey is done, take it out of the electric roaster and tent it using a large piece of foil. Let it rest for 20 minutes or more.
- Serve the tender and juicy turkey for the whole day.
- How long to cook a turkey in an electric roaster depends much on your turkey size. However, the average turkey will totally take 3 hours and 45 minutes. The preparation takes 15 minutes and the cook time takes 30 minutes.
- This recipe is for 16 servings. If you want to cook for less or more servings, you can just do the calculation.
- Roasted turkey is an American cuisine you can serve for dinner. Containing 553kcal calories, you can eat depends on your calorie need.