Never give up making things with asparagus! Now we come dealing with how long to steam asparagus. Asparagus sometimes indicates an expensive luxury, making it very suitable for short season. It also becomes the best option from mid-April to the end of June or just depending on the weather. Asparagus is often added in soup, quiches and other dishes cooked with eggs. For instance, a cuisine which is called Eggs en Cocotte.
It is very simple and easy to cook asparagus. You needn’t more ingredients to prepare. Let’s have in mind that steaming asparagus is a very time-saving. The easiest thing you can expect for preparing steamed asparagus is that you just need to prepare the asparagus itself.
If you are wondering how long to steam asparagus, simply refer to the following sections including the ingredients, toppings, instructions and notes.
- 1 lb 4 ox or 570 gram of asparagus
- Hollandaise sauce
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Since asparagus might be very dusty, the first thing you must do is to wash asparagus with the fresh water. It is suggested that you wash asparagus one by one.
- Use your both hands to take each spear of asparagus and bend and snap of the woody end.
- Make asparagus neat by trimming the ends with a knife.
- To cook asparagus, let a fan steamer open to lay the stalks on. You may optionally use an ordinary steamer and place in a sauce pan or frying pan.
- Pour a boiling water from a kettle. Keep the distance of the water 1 inch out of the kettle.
- Season with salt.
- Put the lid on.
- Dealing with how long to steam asparagus recipe, steam for about 5-6 minutes. If the stalks are thick, you may need to steam longer for about 7-10 minutes. Make sure you steam asparagus until they are tender.
- Prepare the hot plates. Be careful in holding the hot place.
- Serve the asparagus on the prepared hot plate.
- Add or pour Hollandaise sauce over the tips. Optionally, you can also add the melted butter over the tips to make asparagus tastier.
- Serve warm or cold along with a good vinaigrette.
- Take asparagus out of the hot place with your hands and eat down until the ends by dipping them in the sauce after each bite.
- To enjoy eating asparagus nicely, use a finger bowl and napkins. Make sure these are ready when you are going to eat.
Keep in Mind
- If you want to cook a large number of asparagus, pill them one on top of the other in a steamer. Use the large saucepan.
- You need only 5 minutes to prepare asparagus and 5-6 minutes to cook and serve them. Thus, you need totally 10 minutes to steam asparagus.
- How long to steam asparagus recipe comes with a very quick time.