Do you know how to cook bacon in the oven? Surprisingly, not everyone is familiar with the proper way of making this American side dish. Different methods would lead to different texture outcome. Whether you want to have crispy bacon or the chewy type, it depends on the cooking methods, really. Again, it is based on the cooking method, so it shouldn’t be complicated or difficult. If you do it right, you can make 8 delicious servings that would pamper your palate to the next level!
6 oz (around 200g) of bacon – it should be around 8 slices
To Make Chewy Bacon
- Make sure that you have positioned the oven rack right on the center (of the oven). Preheat your oven to 191 degrees Celsius or around 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line a big sheet tray with foil.
- Place the bacon on the pan. Position each of them so they don’t overlap
- Roast them for around 15 minutes. Then remove the tray from the oven. Flip the bacon over with tongs.
- Bake again until the bacon is completely cooked. It takes about 5 minutes
- Remove the bacon and transfer them to a sheet tray that has been lined with paper towel. Let the excess grease be absorbed by the paper towel
- Your bacon is done! You can eat them right away. If you decide to eat them later, let them cool first. Then put them into a resealable plastic bag. Put the bag inside the fridge. It can hold up to a week.
To Make Crispy Bacon
- Line the baking pan with foil. Then place the baking rack on top side.
- Position the (oven) rack on the center. Preheat the oven to 191 degrees Celsius or around 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place the bacon on the baking rack. Position each of them so they don’t overlap
- Roast them for around 15 minutes. Then remove the tray from the oven. Flip the bacon over by using tongs.
- Bake again so the bacon is cooked completely. The process takes 8 minutes to 10 minutes to complete.
- Remove the bacon and transfer them to a sheet tray lined with paper towel. The paper towel will help absorb the excess grease
- Feel free to eat them right away!
- You can store them in the refrigerator for one week. Just make sure that you place them in a resealable plastic bag and seal it thoroughly
- You can store the bacon in the fridge. But make sure that you have done proper storage management. If you seal off the plastic bag correctly, the bacon will hold up to a week without compromising the taste. Don’t have the resealable bag? Use an air-tight container then.
- To reheat the bacon, you only need to wrap each slice (of the already cooked bacon) with a paper towel. Then put it in the microwave for around 15 seconds.
- You can have it with eggs or with taco. The serving method is totally up to you!
- As you can see, making different kinds of bacon isn’t difficult at all. Now that you know how to cook bacon in the oven, which texture do you like the most?