If you are into Tartar Sauce so much, and you like to have it as a dip for any fried stuff you are making, then you may want to know the proper way on how to make Tartar Sauce. Once you understand how to make your own sauce, you will never buy the store-bought sauce anymore. After all, by making your own sauce, you can choose the preferred texture or taste. And it is just perfect for any seafood dish or the simple homemade fried potato or the potato wedges.
This kind of Tartar Sauce is just perfect when served together with crab cakes, roasted veggies, fish sticks, and shrimps. This homemade sauce is super creamy and thick. One recipe is enough to make ¾ cup.
- ½ cup of mayonnaise. If you want to have the homemade one, if you want to
- A tablespoon of capers. If you have it, make sure to chop it first. But this is optional
- ½ teaspoon of Worcestershire shire. You can also have it to 1 teaspoon
- ½ teaspoon of Dijon mustard, but this is completely optional
- A tablespoon of fresh or dried dill. If you use the fresh one, chop it first
- A tablespoon of lemon juice. Make sure to use the fresh one. You can have more for the taste
- A small dill pickle. You need to chop it into small pieces – which will result in 3 tablespoons
- Ground black pepper. Choose the fresh one
- By using a small bowl, mix the pickles, mayonnaise, capers, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, dill, and mustard.
- Stir it thoroughly and well until it is creamy. It should be well blended
- Add with pepper and salt for the taste. If the flavor isn’t done yet, add the extra pepper and salt. Add the lemon juice too. If you want to get the best flavor with its rich taste, cover the cream and then keep it in the refrigerator for around 30 minutes.
- This sauce can be used for a week. But you should keep it in the refrigerator and tightly cover it.
- If you don’t have dills, you can use fresh parsley as alternative option on how to make Tartar Sauce
- Don’t skip the fresh lemon juice because it will add the zesty and fresh flavor. Not to mention that it will thin out the sauce, creating just the right consistency for the dipping.
- You may think that Worcestershire sauce is the odd ingredient. But try it first and you will see that it brings together the sauce. There is no need to have too much of it. A dash will do
- Although Dijon mustard is the optional ingredient, it will add the richness of the taste. It is recommended that you have it.
- The sauce will get better over time
- If you want a lower calorie sauce, use plain yogurt or light mayo instead of the regular mayo.
- This sauce is the perfect accompaniment to carb cakes, roasted shrimp, fish sticks, oven-baked salmon, roasted cauliflower, oven-baked potato wedges, or sweet potato baked fries. Not only you can make the homemade dishes, but you can also make the homemade Tartar Sauce.
As you can see, making the sauce is pretty easy. If you are used to it, you will spend less than 5 minutes on how to make Tartar Sauce