So you want to know how to thicken beef stew, well, trust me this is the right page you are visiting. No I come with the perfect recipe to share you, the one that compiled the best nutrition and best flavor.
For this low carb beef stew, I use carrots and radishes as the vegetables. Have you ever tried to cook beef stew with radishes? If not, then you must try it now. Radishes offer the perfect starchy to meaty to stew in beef stew recipe. You will taste not only the most delicious low carb beef stew but also find the stew thicker than any other beef stew in another recipe.
Consider my recipe since it makes your beef stew thick and perfect to serve in any occasion.
- 1 lb beef short rib
- 2 cups of beef broth
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- 100 gram onion
- 100 gram carrot
- 100 gram radishes
- ¼ teaspoon of pink Himalaya salt
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- ½ teaspoon of xanthan gum
- I tablespoon of butter
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Fried onion
- Fried garlic
- Chop the short rib into the bite sized chucks. Add salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a large saucepan to medium-high heat and add coconut oil. Put the short rib into the saucepan and let the rib get brown on all side. Remove out of the saucepan and set aside.
- Chop onion, carrots and radishes into bite pieces and mince the garlic.
- Cook down the onion, garlic and butter for a few minutes. Scrap the bottom using spatula.
- If the onions are tender, add the broth and mix. Later, add xanthan gum in the mixture.
- Allow the mixture to boil and add the meat. Cook for thirty minutes or more with the lid on. Stir the mixture well.
- If the mixture is thirty minutes cooked, add the carrots and radishes. Then, cook all of the mixture for about thirty minutes. Stir frequently. This way, the broth will get thickened a lot. You can optionally add broth along with water if you like.
- Serve how to thicken beef stew while warm and enjoy the tasteful thick low card beef stew.
- Using carrots and radishes as the vegetables is a good way of making the low carb beet stew delicious. However, you can optionally substitute them with other vegetables to suit your likeness. This way, more people also use potatoes.
- This beef stew is low carb but it doesn’t feel so low carb.
- How to thicken beef stew recipe works well without missing any of ingredients. Thus, make sure that you have prepared well for the ingredients before starting to cook.
- This beef stew doesn’t use any thickeners. It thickened up very nicely all on its own.
- You can add some gelatin if you want the beef more of the gravy consistency.
- No topping added. You can optionally spread the fried sliced onion and garlic but most people don’t use topping.