There are actually many recipes for Keto Slow Cooker recipes – meaning that you can use your slow cooker to fix anything that you want. I myself was surprised to find out that there are tons of keto recipes with slow cooker – and they can be made to breakfast, lunch, and dinner! Talking about flexibility…
One of my favorite breakfast menus is the Sausage and Green Chile Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole. This casserole is low in carb and also easy to make. Not to mention that is packed with sausage, green chiles, and tons of cheese. Who wouldn’t love that, right? This American breakfast takes a pretty long time to prepare, resulting in 6 generous and fulfilling serving. Leave it to your slow cooker to do the magic and everything will be just fine.
- One lb of breakfast sausage that is browned and drained. Choose any brand that you like
- 8 ounces (around two cans of 4 ounces) of green chiles that have been fire-roasted and then diced. Make sure to drain them well
- 10 eggs
- ½ cup of green onion. Slice them – you can have more for the serving
- 2 ½ cups of sharp cheddar cheese. Shred them and then divide
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of pepper
- ½ cup of sour cream
- Make sure to use a non-stick spray for the slow cooker – spray the surface evenly.
- Place the cooked sausage (down position) within the event layer. Then sprinkle it with green onions, green chiles, and a cup of cheese
- Mix and whisk sour cream, eggs, pepper and salt together in a big bowl. Make sure that it is smooth
- Pour the mixture to the previous sausage ingredients inside the slow cooker
- Cover the cooker and let it cook for 2 hours and 15 minutes. Never open the lid while it is cooking. If you do, the eggs won’t set up properly and correctly
- After the cooking is done, add the remaining 1 ½ cups of the cheese. Cover it for around 5 minutes. The cheese should melt by now
- It is ready to serve. You can sprinkle it with the extra green onion, if you want to.
Make sure to use the oval, at least 6 quart, of slow cooker
This casserole can be accompanied by another healthy option, such as Broccoli Keto Air Fryer Recipes that is tasty and a bit spicy. Making the broccoli can be done while you wait for the slow cooker to make the casserole – as the broccoli only takes a total of 30 minutes.
You only need to pop one lb of broccoli (cut it to florets) along with minced garlic, peanut oil, salt, rice vinegar, Sriracha, honey, and soy sauce (reduced sodium) in the air fryer. Make sure to spread the broccoli within a single layer so they won’t overlay. Then cook them for 20 minutes in 400 degrees. They should be golden brown.
You can be sure that the crispy and healthy broccoli will be a great accompaniment to your Casserole Keto Slow Cooker recipes – it’s great when you can combine air fryer and slow cooker can be used together.