If you have sweet tooth and yet you want to enjoy tasty treats, why not making yourself the fantastic Low Carb Peanut Butter Cookies? The recipe is truly amazing as it says. It is sugar free and low carb – giving you the healthier snacking option. They are also super delicious and tasty. And the greatest thing about this one is that they only 5 ingredients. How awesome is that?
Who doesn’t like peanut butter? And who doesn’t like snacking? Snacking habit doesn’t always have to be unhealthy or bad, as long as you choose the right one to chew. Well, almost everyone likes peanut butter so it is a great option. Not to mention that this recipe is also sugar free, so you can have your healthier pick without having to worry about any weight gain. After all, this Low Carb Peanut Butter Cookies recipe only takes a total time of an hour, from the prep to the cooling period.
- A cup of peanut butter. Choose the smooth one without any added sugar
- One big egg
- 2/3 cup of erythritol. It is granulated sweetener
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla essence
- You need to preheat the oven first up to 180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line the cookie tray with the baking paper. Then set it aside
- Add the erythritol to a blender. Blend it until it becomes powder. Set it aside
- By using a mixing bowl, add the entire ingredients. Mix them all until a smooth form of dough starts to form
- Measure about 2 tablespoons of the dough. Make a ball shape by rollong it between the palms. It should be round. Then place it on the tray. Keep doing it until all the dough has been shaped.
- By using a fork, press the ball down. Don’t be to thin, though.
- Bake for around 12 minutes to 15 minutes.
- When they are done, remove them and let them cool. Just keep them on the tray. Don’t touch them for another 25 minutes.
- When they are cool completely, transfer the cookies to the cooling rack. Add an extra 15 minutes to completely cool.
- Your cookies are ready!
- If you want to, feel free to add chocolate chips that will make your cookies heavenly! If you want to stick to the healthier option, choose the sugar-free type. Yes, you can find them at the bakery supplies
- Want to be extra creative? Melt dark chocolate (again, choose the sugar-free type). After the cookies have completely cooled, dip them in the melted chocolate. You can dip the cookies completely or just half of it. The choice is yours!
- If you want a crunchy texture, use the crunchy peanut butter type. Why don’t you alternate between the two? Try the crunchy type now and then try the smooth one later. It would be a fun (and tasty) experiment
- Feel free to use other types of nuts, such as almond butter or cashew, if you want to have another experiment
- Make sure that you allow enough cooling time. Since this recipe doesn’t use any flour, it does take a longer time for the cooling. If you don’t allow enough time, the cookies won’t firm up and they may crumble easily.
Do you have any alternative of this Low Carb Peanut Butter Cookies recipe?