Is it possible to make oven baked beef ribs that isn’t only tasty but also tender? Why not? It’s not like the recipe is included as one of the government’s confidential files or whatsoever. If you know the basic tips and the handy tricks to fix one, you can always make a heavenly and super delish meal that will make everyone addicted.
This American main course will produce super tender beef ribs that even the meat would fall off the bone once you lift it. The secret lies in the well seasoned ribs as well as slow baked method with the help of your oven. It may take a long time to cook one, but no need to worry. Not only the taste is worth the wait, but it will also produce 8 generous and satisfying servings.
- 2 racks of beef ribs
- A bottle of barbecue sauce – around 2 cups. Feel free to use your favorite one, whether it is homemade or store bought
- 2 tablespoons of sea salt or smoked sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of paprika
- 2 tablespoons of onion. Feel free to use the powder or granulated one
- 2 tablespoons of garlic. Again, you can use the granulated type or the powder one
- A tablespoon of ground cumin
- A tablespoon of chili powder
- A teaspoon of cayenne pepper or pepper. Feel free to have less or more – it is just for the taste
- ¼ cup of packed brown sugar
- Prepare a big rimmed baking sheet. Better use it with tinfoil and then set it aside.
- Tear 2 big pieces of the tinfoil. Make sure that each is big enough to wrap each rib rack completely. And then set it aside.
- Mix paprika, cumin, garlic, chili powder, onion, pepper, salt, and brown sugar in a small bowl. Mix them well and then set it aside
- Prepare the ribs. You should remove the skin-like membrane (or the silver skin) on the back or underside of the ribs. It takes time and effort, but it is worth it – just be patient and don’t give up. You can start from the middle (of the rack) and scrape it with a knife. You want to lift the membrane so you can slide in your fingers and tear it off the rack. To get a good grip, you can use a paper towel. If you don’t want the hassle, simply ask the butcher to do it when you buy the ribs. Although you don’t have to do it, your ribs will taste better. After the removal, you can rinse the ribs and dry it off completely.
- Apply the mixture of the spice entirely on the racks, including bottom and top. Make sure to use all the spice and massage it to the ribs.
- Place each of the rack on the tinfoil and wrap it entirely. Place the meaty side down so it is completely covered and sealed.
- Preheat the oven. After it is hot enough, place the ribs. Make sure that you don’t pile them together. Have enough distance between one another. Let it cook for at least 3 hours, max 4 hours.
- Take the ribs out and open it. Be extra careful when doing this because hot steam will come out.
- The sign that the ribs are done is that their meat will shrink – you will see more bones
- Remove them from the oven. Now set (the oven) to broil.
- Once you have removed the tinfoil from the ribs, put them on the baking sheet. Cover the top side of the ribs with the barbecue sauce. By this time, you should be able to see the sauce to bubble. It’s a good sign.
- Your oven baked beef ribs are ready to serve
If you want a richer taste, you can add more barbecue sauce and then broil again. It should bubble again – the ribs should burn pretty fast. When you eat it, the oven baked beef ribs won’t only melt in your mouth but it will be rich in the taste too