If you are into prawns or shrimps, then you would fall head over heels with this Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi recipe. Don’t be fooled by the fancy (and long) name. This one is super easy to prepare and cook. It doesn’t take a long time for the preparation and it certainly doesn’t take a long time for the cooking either.
- A pound of medium shrimp. Be sure to peel it off first and deveined
- A tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley leaves. Make sure to chop them first
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice that has been squeezed
- 1 ½ cups of white wine
- ½ cup of unsalted butter. Leave it at room temperature first
- ¼ teaspoon of dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon of dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon of dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon of dried rosemary
- ¼ cup of fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and ground fresh black pepper – they are for the taste
- Season the shrimp with pepper and salt. Season them to your taste preference
- Pour olive oil in a big skillet with medium heat. Heat it up and then add the shrimp. Cook it until it turns pink. Don’t forget to occasionally stir it. This process only takes up to 2 or 3 minutes. Once you are done, set it aside.
- By still using the same skillet, add garlic. Cook it until it smells nice – it takes around a minute. Stir it frequently.
- Then add the lemon juice and white wine. Stir it well. Let it boil and then reduce the heat. You should simmer it until the liquid is reduced up to half of the original amount. It should take around 4 to 5 minutes.
- Then add thyme, rosemary, oregano, and basil. Stir everything completely
- Add butter (do it 2 tablespoons each time) and then stir. They should be melted and the texture has turned smooth
- Then add the shrimp and parsley. Stir them. Season them with pepper and salt to the taste that you like
- The Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi recipe is ready! You can serve it right away. If you want to, you can garnish it with Parmesan.
The recipe is basically flexible as you can add or reduce things. Some people like to add or reduce the lemon. Some even substitute the wine with beer. When they add beer, they skip the lemon juice.
If you want to make Olive Garden Shrimp Scampi recipe, it is usually accompanied by pasta. The recipe includes 1 ½ pounds of shrimp, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, a diced onion, 3 crushed garlic cloves, ½ cup of white wine, 4 oz of butter, a pinch of red pepper, 3 tablespoons of chopped parsley, and salt and pepper.
You only need to heat up the oil, add the onion, and sauté it for 2 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for a minute. Then add wine, butter, red pepper, and salt and pepper. Let it simmer so it reduces to a half. Then add the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes, max. Your other version of Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi recipe is ready.