Do you want to taste a restaurant-like sweet coleslaw recipe? You can definitely make it home and taste the sweetest coleslaw like you have ever tasted in a restaurant. It brings also the taste of Barbeques pork sandwiches to your tongue.
The cooking process is noted to be very simply and easy to practice even for beginner. Once you try to work out this recipe and taste the food, you will exactly say two words, perfect and delicious. Now head yourself directly to the following sections presenting you the main information about sweet coleslaw recipe including the ingredients, toppings, instructions and notes.
- 1 bag coleslaw mix or about 16 ounce
- 2 tablespoon of diced onion
- 2/3 cup of creamy salad dressing (you may use Miracle Whip)
- 3 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- ½ cup of white sugar
- 1 tablespoon of white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon of poppy seeds
- First of all, prepare a large bowl. Combine the diced onion with the coleslaw mix in a large bowl.
- Secondly, prepare a medium bowl. Combine salad dressing, vegetable oil, vinegar, salt, sugar and poppy seeds. Whisk them and blend them thoroughly in the bowl.
- Thirdly, pour the dressing mixture over the coleslaw mix. Toss to cover.
- Finally, let the coleslaw chill at least for 2 hours before serving. So, it is better served in cool.
- This food is ready in 2 hours and 15 minutes. It includes the 15 minutes preparation and 2 hours cook time. This is rather long to wait but it is still flexible to cook at home.
- If you want another coleslaw taste with the quick time cook, you can try keto coleslaw recipe. this recipe only need 5 minutes total time to cook. The ingredients you have to prepare are 14 ounce bag coleslaw mix, 1 cup mayonnaise, 2 tablespoon heavy cream, 1 teaspoon yellow mustard, 1 teaspoon garlic salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper and 1 teaspoon chives.
- There are 4 steps to cook keto coleslaw recipe in a superfast way below:
- Use a food processor to add the coleslaw mix. Fit the food processor with a blade and pulse until there is a small chunk of coleslaw. Once this done, remove the coleslaw out of the food processor and put it in a mixing bowl.
- Add mayonnaise in a separate bowl along with the heavy cream, mustard, garlic salt, pepper, and chives. Whisk them until you get the tender mixture.
- Pour the coleslaw dressing into the coleslaw mix. Stir until they unite well.
- Serve soon for eight people.
- If you want to store the coleslaw for the next use in another day, store it in the fridge. In this case, you can store the coleslaw up to 3 days.
- This keto coleslaw can be served as a side dish and is a good companion for a low carb pulled pork.
- Keto coleslaw is pretty fast to cook and simple to serve.