Have you ever tasted traditional meatloaf recipe? If you have ever tasted one in a restaurant, now you must try the recipe and taste your own. Trust me, you need only twelve minutes preparation and seventy five cook which is totalized to be eighty seven minutes altogether. Now if there are four people at home, well, this is the perfect idea to try the recipe and taste your own traditional southern meatloaf.
Yup, there are three sections to present which are the ingredient you must prepare, the steps to make the meatloaf and the tips to make the best meatloaf for your lovely family. Head directly to each of the following section:
Make sure you prepare all the ingredients you need to make the desire meatloaf so that you can cook it well without leaving for a while just to find out one missing ingredients. The ingredients are:
- 1 ½ pounds of ground beef.
- 20 saltine crackers. Make sure to crush them.
- A half cup of finely chopped onion.
- ¼ cup of finely chopped green bell pepper.
- A large egg.
- A teaspoon of paprika.
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder.
- ½ teaspoon of dried thyme leaves.
- ¼ teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- 1/3 cup of ketchup along with ½ to ¾ barbeque sauce.
- 2 tablespoon of milk.
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
Did you know a fact? These ingredients are all nutritious.
- Barbeque sauce
Steps How to Make Traditional Southern Meatloaf
Now let’s jump to the second section to present the steps of working out the traditional meatloaf recipe.
- Collect the ingredients altogether.
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease 8 ½ -by- 4 ½ inch loaf pan. Optionally, you can line a rimmed baking pan with foil for a free form loaf.
- Mix the ground beet with the crushed saltines, onion, green pepper, paprika, egg, salt, garlic powder, thyme, black pepper, milk, Worcestershire sauce and 1/3 cup of ketchup in a large bowl.
- Pack the mixture of meat into the loaf pan. Optionally, you can shape and locate it on the baking pan.
- Bake the meatloaf for an hour. Pour grease carefully into a can.
- Spread ½ to ¾ cup of ketchup along with the barbeque sauce on the meatloaf and continue baking for 15 minutes. If you find a ground poultry in the loaf, cook it at 165 F.
- Serve on a plate and enjoy the meatloaf with your family.
There are some additional tips if you want to result a perfect meatloaf.
- Don’t overmix the loaf.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning when the loaf is in raw mixture.
- Let your loaf rest for 10 minutes before you slice it.
If you want to substitute one of the ingredients with another one, make sure you choose the one with the same characteristics.