A tasty and easy Vegan Waffle recipe doesn’t have to be complicated or even leading to a drama? Who says making a waffle – vegan style – is always difficult? I am a huge fan of waffles. I can’t go through breakfast time without it. I have tried all kinds of possible styles, really. With syrup, dry batter, with chocolates, with ice creams – you name it!
When I first heard about this vegan style recipe, I was quite skeptic. Is it even possible to make a tasty and fluffy waffle without eggs? Can the waffle be light and tasty – can it even expand? But I was encouraged to try it and I haven’t regretted my decision since then! This is a fluffy, light, and tasty waffle that can be easily fixed in only 15 minutes. It is great for your busy morning. And the fact that it only requires 5 ingredients is another plus point that you will love about the waffle! If you are a vegan or you simply want to try a new twist to the waffle, this is a recipe that you must try. This Vegan Waffle recipe will produce 4 satisfying portions that you can serve for entree or breakfast.
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 ½ cups (around 210g) of spelt flour. You can also use all-purpose flour or the light whole wheat type
- 1 ½ cups (around 338ml) of vanilla almond milk. Choose the unsweetened one
- 3 tablespoons of grapeseed. You can also use applesauce or light flavored olive oil
- 2 heaps tablespoons of turbinado or coconut sugar
- Mineral salt, just a pinch. This is optional, though
- You need to preheat the waffle maker and the oven. For the waffle maker, preheat it following the manufacturer’s instruction. For the oven, preheat it to 200 degrees Fahrenheit. The oven is to make the waffles warm.
- Mix the sugar, flour, non-dairy milk, baking powder, and oil in a medium bowl. Mix it well until the lumps (from the lumps) are gone
- If you are using a waffle maker, you can use a ½ measuring cup to scoop the batter. Make sure to pour it right at the center of the maker. Then close the cover. You should wait until the light turns into green
- Gently remove the waffle and place them on a wire rack within the oven. Do this until you have made all the waffles.
- The healthy waffle recipe is ready to serve!
- You are free to serve the waffles with any topping that you like. Since it is the vegan type, you can serve it with fresh blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, or even bananas. You can top it off with your own homemade sauce or pure maple syrup
- If you want to be creative and add the tastiness of the waffle, you can serve it with whipped coconut cream or drizzle it with chocolate syrup. Of course, choose the vegan style
- In the event that you are using applesauce, the waffle maker should be the non-stick type. If not, your waffle would stick
- The recipe is using spelt flour but feel free to use any substitution that you like. If you use whole wheat flour or all-purpose type, you can add buckwheat flour, oat flour, or flour blend in ratio 1:1 to make them gluten free.
- You can store the leftover in the fridge (lasts for a week) or the fridge (lasts to max 2 months). As you will see, the Vegan Waffle recipe is easy and flexible, right?