Vegetarian slow cooker recipe is often considered to cut the cooking budget by excluding meat and replace with veggies. This is may be true and maybe not. Did you realize one fact? Veggies can go to magic through the slow cooker recipe even for mushroom and aubergines as the high water content veggies.
Once I tried my recipe, I found that cooking veggies as well as enjoying eating them are not that hard. All I needed to do was to incorporate more veggies into my dishes so that I could make a perfect meatless every day meal or make a dish for my family.
There are so many Vegetarian slow cooker recipes you can actually try. In this article, I am going to share you one of the recipes that is very easy to prepare. It is “Vegetable Slow Cooker Lasagna” which is super easy to make and has a handful of simple ingredients. The step ho to make is also simple and need not an extra effort. You can just work out this recipe at your lovely kitchen. So let’s check it out now.
- 2 24-ounce jars or cans of Italian tomato sauce
- 9 thick lasagna noodles
- 24 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese. Cottage cheese is alright.
- 3-4 cups of chopped vegetables of choice
- 2 cups of shredded Mozzarella or Provolone cheese
- Parmesan cheese and parsley for toppings
- Parmesan cheese
- Parsley cheese
- Use the non-stick cooking spray to spray the crockpot. Spread ½ cup of tomato sauce to the bottom in order that the noodles will not stick.
- Let the noodles cover the bottom. Cover with 1/3 of ricotta, veggies, cheese and sauce and noodles. Repeat to make this layer up to three layers. Finally, top with noodles and covered with the thin layer of sauce along with a little shredded cheese.
- Cover again and cook for 3 hours.
- Completing 3 hours cook, let lasagna noodle sit for one hour. This is aimed to get lasagna noodle moisture. But don’t do this overtime since it will be more like soup.
- Scoop the pieces of noodles out or just cut them using a knife.
- Add the toppings. You can choose whether you like parmesan cheese or parsley cheese.
- Don’t overcook lasagna noodles, otherwise, the noodles will be too tender.
- Serve along with the toppings. You can add either parmesan cheese or parsley cheese depending on your personal choice.
- This cuisine contains 19% total fat, 13% cholesterol, 35% sodium, 13% total carb, 15% dietary fiber, 39% protein, 14% vitamin A, 19% vitamin C and 8.8gram sugar.
- Out of the sauce in the jar or can, I use only 36 ounces which is about 1 ½ half jars. This makes the lasagna saucy already. So I didn’t use the whole sauce in the jar.
- You can also try the low carb slow cooker recipe if you want less carb in the veggies.